Services We Offer During Covid-19
We provide the highest level of care to our patients.
Here at Elite Physio, we feel that community always comes first. We truly feel that each and every one of our patients are part of our clinic’s family and we always strive to provide you with safe and optimal care. We understand that some of you may have questions and concerns about the treatments that you were receiving before we closed and how you may be currently feeling, and our team is here to help.
3 main ways that we can help
- Call us on the telephone or email. Every day we try to respond to any questions you may have, in a timely manner. We can send exercises or give some advice, depending on your current issue.
- We provide Virtual Physiotherapy and Chiropractic Care. If you have questions or a concern that cannot be addressed over the phone or via email, video visit appointments are now being made available. We Education and home-based strategies are two of the greatest tools/resources that can be implemented at this time and will help resolve some of the concerns and difficulties that you may be having. This will be an excellent tool to help us start or continue your rehab prior to seeing you in person at the clinic.
If you want to make a virtual appointment with one of our therapists, give us a call at (905) 997-8337 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Most insurance and extended health care insurances accept virtual appointments and cover them as a part of physiotherapy or chiropractic treatment. You can call your insurance provider or us for any other information.
- We are open for emergency care. Emergency care includes assessment and therapeutic services for conditions or situations where not receiving therapeutic services would put the patient’s safety at risk, or there is potential for significant harm, adverse patient outcomes or an increase in pain and suffering.
Specifically, situations which could be considered an “emergency” under this definition include:
- A patient who is currently experiencing incapacitating dysfunction or pain or debilitating change in functional abilities (understood as walking, standing, sitting, lifting floor-to waist or waist -to-shoulder, climbing stairs) or significant restrictions experienced during bending, twisting, repetitive movement, pushing or pulling, as well as injury to head/neck/back and the extremities.
- Any scenario where the inability to initiate care or the withdrawal of care would lead to the significant deterioration of a patient’s condition and the patient is at risk for imminent hospital admission or re-admission.
- Follow-up immediately post-discharge from hospital to the community to ensure safe return to home and prevent re-admission to the hospital.
- A patient who has suffered from severe musculoskeletal dysfunction, pain or burns.
- The patient is an individual such as a health care provider in an essential service in an acute care setting or other setting deemed to be essential, whose injury or condition requires the input of therapy to return to work safely as soon as possible.
However if the risk of exposure to COVID-19 is high either to the patient or the therapist or clinic staff, we cannot provide treatment until the Ontario government and Public Health Ontario advises that it is safe to resume regular care.
If you fall within any of these categories, related to emergency care then call us immediately so that we can book you an appointment to ensure that your signs and symptoms don’t worsen.
You will also have to answer the following COVID-19 Questions:
- Have you traveled or have been in contact with anyone who has travelled in the past 30 days?
- In the past 20 days, have you experienced any Flu or cold signs or symptoms or fever or have a persistent cough?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has either had COVID-19 or are experiencing any signs or symptoms of a cold or flu or has a fever?
Please be as accurate as possible when answering these questions so that all patients and staff will be safe and allow us to remain open and be able to help those who truly need it.
Be safe and stay healthy. We will get through this together,
Your Elite Physio Team